Following a successful launch on Steam Early Access in April 2017, platform fighting game, Brawlout from Angry Mob Games, is headed to the Nintendo Switch in time for the holiday season. Brawlout packs a punch with couch and online play modes, blending platform fighter mechanics and traditional fighting game play into a stylish and fluid battle royale. To celebrate the announcement, Angry Mob is offering 50% off the Steam version to satisfy itchy controller fingers ahead of the Nintendo Switch release.
If that wasn’t enough, Angry Mob is also announced a new playable character to their already stellar line-up: Hyper Light Drifter, from the hard-hitting indie gem of the same name. Developed by Heart Machine studio, the titular hero is set to unsheathe his light sword against the competitors of Brawlout today.
“We love indie games; one of the first, and most iconic, characters that came to mind was Hyper Light Drifter,” says Bogdan Iliesiu, CEO of Angry Mob Games. “He fit into the Brawlout universe perfectly, as he is already built for the type of battle we see in the game. We collaborated closely with Heart Machine to make sure The Drifter remained true to the original, working in his iconic light sword and making his signature dash a character specific move. The Drifter brings a more technical style of combat to Brawlout, with tons of movement options and both defensive and offensive play, that we think he’s going to become a staple for those looking for a competitive edge.”
Whether players are looking for a casual couch experience with friends, or to challenge pros in worldwide online tournaments, Brawlout caters to anyone looking to create a little chaos. For those wanting to take part in the mayhem from a safe distance, Brawlout TV is available for spectators to watch ongoing matches.
- Choose from six original characters, each with unique combat styles, or try your hand at Hyper Light Drifter from the indie hit of the same name + more surprise fighters in the works
- Host up to 4 players in online and local battles, with several modes including timed, stock or team matches
- Fuel your Rage Meter to power up for hard-hitting Special Attacks and unleash your Rage Mode
- Action is kept fast and fluid with advanced techniques like air dodging, wavedashes, directional influence on stun, ledge grabs or Rage Bursts.
- Brawlout does away with shields and blocking, focusing heavily on the aggressive, fast-paced combat which has made platform fighters so fun to both play and watch.
Brawlout is available now on Steam, with a 50% discount, for $9.99 USD. Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions coming soon.